The Floyd Artisan Trail is a tour of artisans, farms, galleries and more throughout Floyd County. The tour dates for this year are Friday through Sunday, June 8-10, 2018.
Anyone interested in being represented on the tour as a stop or a sponsor is asked to fill out the application and return it with payment by Wednesday, March 7, 2018 to the Floyd Center for the Arts.
2018 June Tour: Friday, June 8 – Sunday, June 10, 2018
Friday & Saturday 10am-5pm; Sunday 12-5pm
The June Tour is a 3-day tour featuring sites across Floyd County area with activities at artisan home studios; galleries and shops; wineries; farms and farm markets; and restaurant and lodging sites. Site activities include the sales and exhibit of fine art, hand-craft and farm products; classes and demonstrations, and talks at sites throughout the county. Retail sites must sell or promote local hand-craft, art or agricultural products.
2018 Timeline/ Deadlines
March 7Deadline Extended! Applications Now Due by March 14! – Participant application and payment deadline.
- March 16 – Photos and text from participants.
- Early April – Trail Tour Guide ready for distribution
- End of May/ Early June – Heavy NPR advertising/Print Ads/Facebook Ad Campaign
- June 8-10 – Floyd Artisan Trail June Tour
Guidelines for Participants
- Participants must be linked to local art, hand-craft or agriculture in what you promote, sell or create.
- Restaurants and lodging sites must reflect a local cultural aspect.
- Must be open all hours of June Artisan Trail Tour: Friday, June 8 through Sunday, June 10.
- Fee: $150. For June tour, all-season marketing, potential fall or other activities. ($75 Additional fee to be listed more than once as a sight in another site category.
- Must be located in Floyd County, or by special request approved by committee.
- Site is responsible for own business issues- liability insurance, sales tax collection.
(There are no county business license requirements of trail sites)
- 2-Wheel drive accessible site. Visitor friendly, signage if home site.
- Participate actively in this event and it’s promotion!
- Participate in gathering information from visitors and in evaluation of project to help us assess best marketing strategies and provide data for sponsors/supporters.
- OPTIONAL: Floyd Artisan Trail Tour Committee. Join us!
Marketing Components (examples, not total list)
- Website: floydartisantrail.org
- Print Artisan Trail Brochure with map and contact information good all year.
- Facebook Page with active posts and a Facebook Ad Campaign leading up to the June Tour.
- Print ads
- Public Radio – Roanoke & NC
- Other social networking
- Partnered & free marketing
To learn more about the tour, visit www.FloydArtisanTrail.org